Yamaha Ténéré 700 World Raid: Long Distance Buffalo
The Ténéré 700 is popular, having sold more than 20,000 units worldwide. This is due to the playful nature of the engine, partly caused by that lively CP2 engine, which is also in the MT 07 and can also be found in the Ténéré 700 World Raid. The two-cylinder with a capacity of 689 cc has a lot of torque that is delivered linearly. Ideal for off-road.
Tenere 700 World Raid
The main adjustment Yamaha has made to the Ténéré 700 World Raid is to increase the size of the tank. This has gone from 16 liters to 23 liters and is divided over two tanks. Yamaha has apparently listened to the feedback from the community as various forums have been looking for alternatives to increase the tank capacity.
Master in the Wilderness
With those words Yamaha describes this World Raid version. Because the larger tanks give the motorcycle a range of up to 500 kilometers. Because the two tanks are on opposite sides of the Ténéré, the center of gravity remains low. Even as low as the normal Ténéré 700, if we are to believe Yamaha. In this way, the agile character of the engine is preserved.
Another key feature of this new layout is that the highest point of the new twin side-mounted tanks is lower than the top of the tank on the Ténéré 700. This means there is less difference in height between the tank and the saddle and you can move your weight more easily as a rider.
What else is different?
The tanks are not the only thing that differs from the other versions. The World Raid also features a flatter two-piece seat, 5-inch TFT color display with three themes, mobile messaging connectivity, an added mode with front and rear ABS on and off, longer travel suspension, Öhlins steering damper, larger footpegs, new skid plate and a new radiator grille.
All characteristics Ténéré 700 World Raid
- Twin 23 liter side-mounted fuel tanks
- Flat Rally Inspired 2-Piece Saddle
- 5″TFT color display for mobile messaging connectivity
- USB type A
- ABS system with 3 shift modes
- Premium 43mm KYB fork, 230mm travel
- Öhlins adjustable steering damper
- Aluminum piggyback rear shock, 220mm . travel
- High windshield, easily removable side guides and LED indicators
- Completely new cockpit and new front cockpit
- New larger rider footpegs with easily removable rubber inserts
- 3-Piece Aluminum Engine Guard
- New die-cast aluminum engine mount
- New radiator grille
When for sale?
The Ténéré 700 World Raid comes in two colorways: Icon Blue and Midnight Black and will be available at dealers from the beginning of May. Prices are not yet known.