Ampere, a new car brand from Renault Group?
Is Ampere a car brand?
“The creation of Ampere on November 1, 2023 is a perfect illustration of Revolution, the third chapter in Renault Group’s Renaulution strategic plan,” said Luca de Meo, CEO of Ampere. Nice quote Luca, but what exactly is the situation? Is Ampere a new car brand?
Making electric vehicles accessible
“Ampere has been created by Renault Group to meet the challenges and take advantage of the opportunities arising from the transformation of the automotive industry while facing climate challenges. The goal is for Ampere to become a European leader in the rapidly growing electric vehicle market. The goal is to democratize electric vehicles in Europe, with vehicles that people can afford,” said De Meo.
“In physics, ampere, denoted by the symbol A, is a unit of electric current”
Car brand Renault
Okay, so Ampere is indeed going to develop cars. This is now clear, but not under its own name. Ampere focuses entirely on Europe. The company has more than 11,000 employees (35% of whom are engineers) working behind the scenes to design, develop, produce and market electric cars under the Renault brand.
Ampere was founded with a roadmap to integrate ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) into the entire value chain – from the products and services it develops to its processes, creating a low-carbon circular economy. The industrial and technological project pursued by Ampere has strong resonance in the European market where Renault Group originated. It has a unique set of skills and a solid industrial and technological ecosystem that protects the entire value chain. Ampere operates 11 sites in France, including four industrial facilities: the Cléon plant and the ElectriCity facility with plants in Douai, Maubeuge and Ruitz.
The logo of Ampere
The Ampere logo is inspired by the diamond shape – Renault’s recognizable symbol. Ampere’s logo is composed of multiple diamonds illustrating the close collaboration of different expert groups within the company. Ampere’s identity combines three main colors – Scandium, Eigengrau and Silicon Gray.
Who is pulling the strings?
Led by Luca de Meo, CEO of Ampere, the leadership team brings people together. Not only from Renault Group, but also beyond from the auto industry and from international technology companies.
- Josep-Maria Recasens, Chief Operating Officer
- Cléa Martinet, VP of Sustainability
- Vincent Piquet, Chief Financial Officer
- Benedicte Lenguin, Legal Councel
- Estelle Guillot-Tantay, VP of Communications
- Alexandra Malak, VP People & Workplace
Technology & Operations
- Luciano Biondo, VP Industrial Operations,
- Emmanuelle Darot, VP of Procurement
- Laurence Excoffon, VP of Quality
- Luiz Quinalha, VP Manufacturing ElectriCity
- Olivier Brosse Platform Global Leader, C Segment
- Philippe Brunet, VP Powertrain & EV Engineering
- Henry Bzeih, VP of Software & Systems
- Vittorio d’Arienzo, Platform Global Leader, B Segment
- Luc Julia, Chief AI Officer
- Christian Stein, VP Revenue Management & Customer Experience, Ampere
- Gilles Vidal, VP Design, Renault Brand & Ampere
Check ampere.cars for more info.