Affordable all-rounder from Kawasaki tightened up
The Kawasaki Versys 650 is the most popular and best-selling all-rounder in its class. For 2022, the design has been updated and it will receive traction control and a TFT color display. Add to this the torque-rich parallel-twin engine and adjustable suspension in combination with the 17 ” wheels and an upside-down front fork and you already know that you get quite a lot of motorcycle for an amount from 9,149 euros.
Versys 650 standard very complete
You have to look closely to see the difference with a heavier, read more expensive, engine. Even if you look further at the specification list, you realize that the price of more than nine grand for the Versys 650 is really attractive. The list includes LED lighting, a top and side fairing and a four-way adjustable windshield. Plus the option to connect your smartphone with the Kawasaki Rideology app and to show or navigate the information on the TFT color display.
Two-cylinder with usable power
So it’s not ‘just a six-and-a-half’. The Kawasaki Versys 650 can compete with thicker bikes in terms of possibilities. No, not when it comes to power. Then the two-cylinder will have to recognize its superior in machines with more displacement. The question is what do you want? If you are looking for a handy, manoeuvrable motorcycle for short trips or for everyday use, the Versys 650 delivers sufficient performance with its 67 hp. PS: there is also a version with 35 kW for A2 driver’s license holders.
Prices, colors and extras
The new Versys 650 is available in the following colors:
- Metallic Spark Black/Metallic Flat Spark Black € 9,149
- Metallic Phantom Silver/Metallic Flat Spark Black/Metallic Spark Black € 9.299,-
- Candy Lime Green/Metallic Flat Spark Black/Metallic Spark Black € 9.299,-
You can also choose from packages for the long trips:
- Urban : 40 liter top box.
- Tourer : mono-key side cases with luxury inner bags, handguards and a tank pad.
- Tourer Plus : mono-key panniers with deluxe inner bags, handguards, tank pad, LED fog lights and heated grips.
- Grand Tourer : mono-key side cases with luxury inner bags, handguards, tank pad, LED fog lights, 12V socket, GPS support, top box 47 liters with back support and luxury inner bag, heated handles and a high windshield.